We are excited to welcome you to the NJIT family! You are joining a university that offers excellent academic programs that will prepare you for success upon graduation. NJIT's reputation is outstanding, and our place as a leading polytechnic university provides you with an experience that is hard to match. We believe you will contribute to our community and look forward to your accomplishments with us.
Your To-Do List
Confirm your enrollment. Confirm your intent to enroll at NJIT with a $250 tuition deposit by May 1. You can submit the deposit online at tuitiondeposit.njit.edu.
Access Highlander Pipeline:
Create Your UCID - njit.edu/ucidaccount
Access your Highlander Pipeline account - my.njit.edu. This is your campus portal for viewing financial aid, course registration, and other important services.
Set-up your NJIT email account - Your NJIT email address will be the official method of communication for all correspondence from the university.
File the FAFSA. If you have not done so already, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15. Be sure to list NJIT’s federal school code (002621). Financial Aid Awards are mailed to students who filed the FAFSA. Start your FAFSA - fafsa.ed.gov/.
Register for the NJIT Placement Exam. All incoming freshmen are required to take a Math placement exam. Additional information will be sent to you with available testing dates. Go to njit.edu/studentsuccess/test for more information.
Apply for Housing. NJIT offers a vibrant, engaging on-campus living environment. A wide array of living options including suites, semi-suites, private bedrooms plus study lounges, game rooms and kitchens are available. If you would like to live on campus, you need to complete the housing application by May 1. Submit online at njit.edu/reslife. Specific room assignments are made in mid-summer.
Attend NJIT Experience Day. Don’t miss NJIT Experience Day, our accepted student event, on April 9. A special invitation along with registration information will be sent to you soon. If you can’t make this event, you can register for our Spring Open House on April 23. Campus tours are also available Monday – Friday at 11 am and 2 pm as well as select Saturdays at 10 am. Learn more and register at https://events.njit-admissions.org/.
- Accept Your Financial Aid Awards. Financial aid awards are sent to all students who filed a FAFSA. Students must review and accept their awards through their Highlander Pipeline account - my.njit.edu.
- Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation is a required interactive orientation program that takes place in June. During the program, you will meet current NJIT students, faculty and staff and explore the academic and social skills necessary to be successful at NJIT. You will receive detailed information after you have taken your placement exam. Learn more at njit.edu/orientation/nso.
- Submit your AP Scores/College Credits. Make sure you have selected NJIT to receive all of your Advanced Placement Scores including any tests taken prior to your senior year. College-level courses taken while in high school require submission of an official transcript.
- Submit Health Insurance Waiver. All students are required to have health insurance. If you are already insured, you may be permitted to waive NJIT’s Health Insurance. Information is available at: http://www.njit.edu/healthservices/insurance/index.php.
- Submit Health Information. Complete the required Student Health Packet - njit.edu/healthpacket. All documents must be submitted to the Office of Health Services no later than July 15. All students are required to have health insurance. If you are already insured with a policy that meets specific requirements, you can request to waive NJIT's health insurance. Information is available at njit.edu/healthinsurance. Deadline to submit a request for waiving the health insurance is September 15.
- Meal Plans Available. Meal plan options for both commuter and resident students can be found at njit.edu/dining.
- First Day of Classes. The semester begins on Tuesday, September 5. If you are living on-campus, you will receive information about room assignments and move-in day from the Office of Residence Life during the summer.
Visit NJIT to learn more about our close-knit community!
- NJIT Experience. Mark your calendar to attend NJIT Experience Day, an accepted student event, on April 9. Register for the event at njit.edu/experience.
- Open House. Can’t attend NJIT Experience? Come to our Spring Open House event on April 23. We will offer a special session for admitted students during the event. Learn more and register at openhouse.njit.edu.
- Campus Tours and Information Sessions. Monday – Friday: 11 am and 2 pm as well as select Saturdays at 10 am . Register today at njit.edu/campustours.
- Directions to Campus. Go to njit.edu/visit.
- Area Accommodations. Go to njit.edu/accommodations.
Key Contact Information
Admissions Office – 973-596-3300
Athletics – 973-596-5730
Bookstore – 973-596-3200
Bursar (Billing) – 973-596-2877
Career Development Services – 973-596-3227
Counseling and Psychological Services – 973-596-3414
Dean of Students – 973-596-3466
Education Opportunity Program – 973-596-3690
Financial Aid – 973-596-3479
Global Initiatives – 973-596-2451
Health Services – 973-596-3621
Housing and Residence Life – 973-596-3039
Murray Center for Women in Technology – 973-642-4671
Public Safety – 973-596-3111
Student Success Center – 973-596-5598
The Learning Center – 973-596-2992
Albert Dorman Honors College – 973-642-4448
College of Architecture & Design – 973-596-3080
Ying Wu College of Computing – 973-596-5646
College of Science & Liberal Arts – 973-596-3677
Newark College of Engineering – 973-596-2314
Martin Tuchman School of Management – 973-596-8238