HONOREES FOR 2012 ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD CELEBRATION
Presentations on Saturday, May 19, 2012
● Leon K. Baptiste ’91 BSEE President and CEO, LB Electric Co., LLC
For his innovative and entrepreneurial leadership in electrical, solar, glass and glazing and integrated photovoltaic designs, installations and training, for his activism in conservation efforts including development of renewable energy and alternative fuel infrastructure for sustainable growth as well as his community leadership and support for NJIT.
● Peter A. Cistaro ’68 BSIE Vice President, PSE&G Retired
For his many professional achievements as a leader of the PSE&G organization as well as his significant long-term volunteerism with NJIT as a member of the Board of Trustees, a Chair of Board Committees, a former Chair of the NCE Advisory Board and sponsor of the Cistaro Family Scholarship and for his active leadership within his local community and as a Deacon in his church.
● Robert C. Cohen ’83 BSME, ’84 MSME, ’87 MSEM Chief Technology Officer & Sr. Vice President, Research and Development, Pipeline Biomedical Holdings, Inc.
For his technological leadership in the orthopedic implant industry including 25 issued patents and extensive published works concerning the medical device design and biomaterial behavior on bone as well as his extensive service to NJIT and his local community.
● Michael J. Corbo ’81 BSEE Senior Engineering Associate, ExxonMobil Research and Engineering
For his demonstrated strong leadership, initiative and technical expertise in the area of Process Control and Automated Control Systems for the Process Industry sector as well as his leadership contributions to the American Petroleum Institute and his local community.
● Fabian Hurtado ’75 BSCE Resident Engineer, Woolpert, Inc.
For his many global contributions to the field of Civil Engineering in Central, North and South America, Africa, Europe and the Middle East as well as his All-American, Hall of Fame and record setting contributions to Soccer and Athletics at NJIT.
● Ying Wu '88 MSEE Chairman, China Capital Group
For his recognized global leadership as a technological innovator and telecommunications entrepreneur as well as his outstanding contributions to the NJIT community, especially as Founder of the Ying Wu Endowed Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering for Newark College of Engineering.