NJIT, Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) offers academic support and career and personal counseling, to first time full time freshmen, and transfer students. The EOP staff is committed to providing services to students who are ready to accept the challenges of a rigorous college experience, and committed to the hard work and discipline necessary to overcome economic distress and gaps in previous academic preparation.
EOP mission is to provide educational opportunities and improve educational outcomes for populations traditionally underrepresented in mathematics, the natural sciences, engineering, computer and information science, business, architecture, engineering technology, and in the professions related to these fields.
At NJIT, EOP students find enthusiastic administrators and faculty who help to make participation in the program especially rewarding. Among the program’s features are the following.
- Intensive Pre-freshman Summer Academic Enrichment Program to prepare students for success in their first semester of college
- Winter Inter-session to prepare students for success in their second semester
- Counseling and academic advisement throughout students' academic careers
- Undergraduate Research Experience opportunities which enable undergraduate students to work with faculty on research projects as preparation for graduate school
- Center for Academic and Professional Enrichment provide tutoring and academic support throughout the students' academic tenure at NJIT.
- Access to job and internship opportunities via the Career Development Services office and Academic departments.