The Accounts Payable office supports NJIT’s vision of core values by providing courteous, reliable and professional service to NJIT’s students, faculty, staff and vendors.
The Accounts Payable Department is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of non-payroll disbursements while ensuring they are in compliance with the University’s policies and procedures. In addition, disbursements must meet the rules and regulations of governmental agencies-federal, state, and local.
As part of the Finance Division, the Accounts Payable department strives to continuously improve and automate business processes supporting the instruction, research, student and public service operations in a courteous, professional manner.
- Review and process vendor invoices for goods purchased and services provided for University business purposes
- Review and process travel and non-travel reimbursements for cost incurred as part of University business
- Process payments via check, direct deposit and wire transfer
- Work effectively with vendors and the university community to help meet deadlines and resolve discrepancies regarding invoices and payments
- Disburse and reconcile petty cash for goods purchased for $50 and under on behalf of the University
- Prepare and submit tax form 1099 to the IRS
- Provide Banner Finance training and Accounts Payable workshops
- Banking process related to Vendor Payment, including voids, stop payments, ACH and wire confirmations