NJIT currently has two separate programs: Federal College Work-Study (FCWS) and Institutional Work-Study (IWS).
What's the Difference?
FCWS eligibility is determined as part of your financial-aid package; IWS jobs are available for those who don't qualify for FCWS. FCWS earnings aren't counted as income on your FAFSA, so you'll be eligible for more aid in the subsequent year.
To be eligible for FCWS, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled in classes as a degree-seeking student
- Have an FCWS allocation as part of your financial aid package.
For IWS, you must:
- Be accepted into a program as a degree-seeking student
- Be enrolled at least half time if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident—or full time if you're an international student.
To find out what you're eligible for, complete the FAFSA if you haven't already done so.
Through work-study, you could be a technical assistant, teaching assistant, computer-systems technician, programmer or Web developer, Web designer, help-desk consultant, or game-room desk attendant. There plenty of different jobs to choose from. Read our work-study policies and apply for a job.
Payroll is processed every two weeks. You have the option to receive your earnings via two options:
- Direct Deposit - In compliance with the State of New Jersey mandate, NJIT is requiring all employees to be enrolled in direct deposit. To enroll, please go to http://www5.njit.edu/finance/payroll_forms. Please complete the form and return it to the Payroll Office, Fenster Hall, Room 540 or, electronically to email@example.com. Once the bank verifies routing and account numbers, the process is all set, and Direct Deposit can begin, normally within two weeks.
- Picked-Up - Checks may be picked up on pay Fridays in Fenster Hall, Fifth Floor, Distribution Window 548 between the hours of 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. Checks not picked up will be mailed to the preferred/permanent mailing address on file. Please be aware that checks mailed and not received may take up to 2 weeks to be replaced.
International Tax Information
- For International Tax Information, please click the following URL: http://www5.njit.edu/finance/international-tax-information/
Have more questions? Contact Student Financial Aid Services.