The New Jersey Institute of Technology has been awarded a NSF/LS-AMP – University Funded Bridge to the Doctorate program, starting September 2012
. We are seeking 12
outstanding students to fill our cohort.
What are the benefits?
- Tuition and fees paid and enrollment in a health insurance benefit program
- Student stipends of $30,000* annually for two years
- Individualized faculty mentoring and coaching
- Participation in professional conferences and meetings
- Exposure to research and professional opportunities
- Enriched academic services and support by staff dedicated to the promotion of future leadership in the Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) enterprise
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Undergraduate minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strongly recommended participation in a national LSAMP (Louis Stokes-Alliance for Minority Participation) Program as an undergraduate
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline from a LSAMP Institution
- GRE test scores or intention of taking GRE in the first year of study
- Resume and Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (minimum of 3)
Applicants to the program are evaluated on their undergraduate record including professional performance and research experiences. The successful applicant will pursue a Ph.D. degree in a STEM discipline.
Applications will be accepted through August 15, 2012. All applications must be scanned and emailed to Mrs. Chanelle Lester at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Attn: Chanelle Lester
Office of University Admissions
Newark, NJ 07102
For more information on the admissions process, please forward your general inquiries to Ms. Chanelle Lester, Associate Director for Graduate Admissions email@example.com. For specific questions or to speak to someone directly, please contact Dr. Marinos Xanthos, Associate Provost for Graduate Studies, Office of Graduate Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 973-596-3462.
* NSF Funding.