The BS/MS program option permits qualified NJIT undergraduate students to earn credits toward a graduate degree. To qualify, students must have a cumulative GPA at or above 3.0 and can take six (6) credits of graduate course work in their senior year. They can take nine (9) credits if their GPA is at or above 3.5. These credits may then be counted towards both the bachelor and master's degree at NJIT. Other combinations of baccalaureate and master's / doctoral degree programs are also available.
Students are encouraged to pursue graduate study immediately following the completion of the bachelor's degree. However, courses can be applied to both undergraduate and graduate degrees up to two (2) years after completing the bachelor's degree.
BS/MS BS/MBA BS/PhD BA/MA BArch/MS Criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for any BS/MS program options
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for the BS/PhD program option
- Junior standing or at least two full time semesters (24 credits) left before graduation
- Completed at least five (5) major courses
BS/MS BS/MBA BS/PhD BA/MA BArch/MS Requirements:
Upon acceptance into the program students are required to:
- Receive prior approval in order to register for graduate courses
- Successfully complete one (1) semester in graduate degree program
- Achieve a grade of B or better in both courses
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA for all BS/MS program options
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA for the BS/MBA program option
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA for the BS/PhD program option
- Contact the Office of Graduate Studies to request BS/MS or BS/PhD courses be shifted to graduate transcript