A revision to the standardized format for proposals for new graduate courses is listed below. Note that a number of generic type courses such as Master's Thesis, Master's Project, Seminar, Special Topics, Independent Study, and Doctoral Dissertation do not require formal proposals. These were approved in a generic format with course numbers several years ago. Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies if you require more information.
It is timely to reissue this standardized course proposal format along with the description of the recommended process for approval of new courses. A description of the process and the outline of the Program Proposal including use of external consultants for the entire process through State and Trustee approval is also listed below.
To submit a form for a new graduate course or new graduate program, follow the steps below:
1. Fill in the appropriate writable sections of the PDF form.
2. Print the form and acquire the required signatures.
3. Keep a copy for your records.
4. Bring the signed original to the Office of Graduate Studies, Fenster Hall, Suite 140.
New or Revised Course
- Process for New or Revised Course Approval (.PDF)
- Form for Proposal of a New Graduate Course (.PDF)
- Form for Graduate Course Change/New Course Addition (.PDF)