The BS/MS program option permits qualified NJIT undergraduate students to earn credits toward a graduate degree. Students can take six (6) credits of graduate course work in their senior year that may be counted towards both the bachelor and master's degree at NJIT. Other combinations of baccalaureate and master's degree programs are also available.
Students are encouraged to pursue graduate study immediately following the completion of the bachelor's degree. However, courses can be applied to both undergraduate and graduate degrees up to two (2) years after completing the bachelor's degree.
BS/MS BS/MBA BS/PhD Criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for the BS/MS program option
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better for the BS/PhD program option
- Junior standing or at least two full time semesters (24 credits) left before graduation
- Completed at least five (5) major courses
BS/MS BS/MBA BS/PhD Requirements:
Upon acceptance into the program students are required to:
- Receive prior approval in order to register for graduate courses
- Successfully complete one (1) semester in graduate degree program
- Achieve a grade of B or better in both courses
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA for the BS/MS program option
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA for the BS/MBA program option
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA for the BS/PhD program option
- Contact the Office of Graduate Studies to request BS/MS or BS/PhD courses be shifted to graduate transcript