Required Immunizations – We require the official NJIT form (all NJIT students)-- Immunization_2013_pdf
Full-Time Student Requirements
- MMR - 2 Doses OR blood test results showing immunity to MMR
- Meningococcal Vaccination – required for all undergraduate, graduate, and transfer students who are new to NJIT AND are new to University housing. The CDC recommends a booster dose (additional) if it has been 5 years or more since your first 1st dose.
- TB Skin Testing – If the test is positive, students must have a CXR and blood test to document no active disease. The blood test is the QuantiFERON Gold TB test. Also, students should have documentation of drug treatment dates. If applicable. (Positive TBTest form_pdf)
- Hepatitis B - 3 dose series ( or blood work showing immunity- Hepatitis B antibody, not antigen )
- Tdap( 1 within past 10 years )
- TD ( every 10 years)
- Varicella ( if no history of having the disease )
Physical Examination (Official NJIT form must be completed)
- A full physical examination is required for all full-time undergraduate and graduate students
The Meningitis vaccine is required for all undergraduate, graduate, and transfer students who are new to NJIT AND are new to University housing. You will not be allowed to move into on-campus housing if you have not submitted proof of Meningitis vaccination
International Students F-1 students
Please make sure your forms are completed with English translation. Pay close attention to the Immunization requirements. If they are not complete, you will have to get shots here and they can be expensive. If you get blood test make sure the right test is performed.