NJIT embraces the diversity of its workforce, the variety of its jobs and the dedication of the people who work here. NJIT is committed to providing an environment that promotes fairness and satisfaction for all employees, whether unionized or not, through our services, programs, and policies, as well as our competitive compensation, benefits and opportunities.
HR’s Labor and Employee Relations Team supports the mission of NJIT by negotiating and administering labor agreements intended to enhance the experience of all university employees. We encourage fair, honest and transparent relationships among all university employees, managers and administrators.
We partner with managers, union representatives and employees to:
- build collaborative relationships through strong communications and strategic planning;
- negotiate fair, equitable and responsible collective bargaining agreements;
- administer and interpret contracts with consistency, respect and integrity;
- consult with departments on organizational change and development;
- provide advice and counsel on workplace matters, including performance, workforce planning and relationship management;
- facilitate and counsel individuals to resolve conflicts, including grievances, mediation and arbitration;