Every student at NJIT is assigned to an academic advisor in your major who will help guide you through your educational path. You will need to meet with your advisor every semester to keep track of your academic progress towards graduation. Before you register for your courses, you will need to schedule a meeting with your advisor. As an incoming student, you will first meet your academic advisor at orientation.
Academic Advising at Orientation
- Participants will get an opportunity to meet their advisor for the first time.
- You will discuss your first semester course recommendations based on the math placement test, SAT/ACT scores, AP credit, and transfer credits.
- With your course recommendations, our peer leaders will assist you with registering for classes.
Academic Advising during the Semester
- Prior to registering for courses, you will need to make an appointment with your advisor to discuss courses and have your advisor hold removed.
- All first-year students have a Dean of Freshmen hold on their account, which will be removed before you have to register.
- After your first year, you will need to continue to meet with your academic advisor every semester.
Contacting your Academic Advisor
A list of academic advisors by major can be found at the link below. Advisors can change often, so please check your major department's webpage for the most current information. If you have not yet declared your major, please see the Center for Student Success for advisement until your major is determined.
|List of Academic Advisors by Major||Undeclared and Engineering Technology Students|
Center for Student Success • 260 Fenster Hall • Phone: 973-596-5598 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org