Only resident students, faculty, staff and NJIT Greek Way residents who purchase a parking permit will be permitted to park overnight on levels 1, 5, 6, 7 & 8 of the parking deck and in the Science & Technology Parking Garage (STPG).
- For purposes of definition, “overnight” is considered the time between 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM, Monday-Friday.
- A fine will be issued to those who park overnight without authorization.
- “Overnight Student” parking hang tags are issued (by mail) to resident students by the Parking Services Department. The type of student parking tag you are issued depends on your residence status at the time of on-line parking registration. If there is a change in your residence status, please report to the parking office to obtain a corrected tag.
- Faculty and staff hang tags are exempt.
- Overnight passes will be issued to Greek Way residents and to students who can demonstrate the need to stay through the night for academic purposes or for university business.
As in the past, guests of resident students will be issued a one-night permit through the Department of Public Safety.
How to obtain an exemption:
In general, exemptions will be granted for academic purposes and university business. Please note that exemptions may not necessarily result in a blanket waiver of the overnight parking rule.
Follow the link to and complete the “Overnight Parking Exemption Form” and submit it to the following location based upon your reason for seeking an exemption:
- Submit to Campus Center Operations and Conference Services, 105 Campus Center for on-campus employment, laboratory work, student organizations, non-architecture academic exemptions and any other reasons.
- Submit to the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life, 493 Campus Center if you are a student with a current commuter parking permit.
We expect to respond to each request within 72 hours. Any questions or concerns regarding exemptions should be directed to Campus Center Operations and Conference Services, 973.596.3601.
All exemption decisions are final. There is no process for appeal.
-- Director of Campus Center Operations and Conference Services