NJIT Faculty, Staff and Students
Robert A. Altenkirch
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Strategic Plan Update
We have the opportunity to build on the successful Middle States Periodic Review Report of 2007 and successes of the current Strategic Plan, most of the Objectives of which have been met, including:
- completion of the Campus Master Plan, encompassing the NJIT Campus Gateway [Redevelopment] Plan now in the implementation phase;
- successful completion of two special-purpose fundraising campaigns for Albert Dorman Honors College and Athletics;
- increased national prominence of academic and research programs;
- substantial growth in the licensing of intellectual property;
- enrollment growth, including one of the largest freshman classes in history; and
- substantial improvement in graduation rates.
and to align our efforts again around common shared values and objectives for the next five or six years. I want to thank those, the many of you, who participated in the development of the new draft Plan, and I look forward to using the opportunity for us to enhance NJIT even further.
If you have any comments concerning the draft Strategic Plan after you review it at http://www.njit.edu/president/planning/strategicplan-2010-2015/index.php, please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21, 2010 for consideration before the Plan is finalized.