The Trustees and Faculty
of New Jersey Institute of Technology
are pleased to announce the
University Convocation 2015
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
NJIT's University Convocation is an annual celebration and awards ceremony that marks the start of the academic year recognizing the accomplishments of students, faculty and staff members. In recent years the ceremony has taken place in the Jim Wise Theater, Lubetkin Field, and the Naimoli Family Athletic Center. A reception for the honorees is held shortly afterwards.
The ceremony recognizes students, faculty, and staff who have received awards in the past year as well as those faculty members who received promotion or tenure. The following is a sampling of awards that may be presented:
- The Excellence in Teaching Awards recognize and reward members of the instructional staff for outstanding accomplishments in teaching. The awards are conferred upon teachers who have demonstrated excellence in the classroom, encouraging and guiding students to work at the highest academic level.
- The Master Teacher designation is the most prestigious recognition that the university bestows upon faculty for high-quality teaching.
- The Excellence in Research Prize and Medal is awarded in recognition of a sustained record of contributions that has enhanced the reputation of NJIT.
- Constance A. Murray Diversity Award is presented to individuals or groups within NJIT who have compiled a significant and sustained record of achievement in fostering diversity within the university community.
- Student awards include the Presidential Leadership Award