The NJIT Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides contractual and technical assistance to small-established New Jersey businesses, that are interested in marketing their products or services, to federal, state and local government agencies. The PTAC center operates under a cost sharing cooperative agreement between the Department of Defense and New Jersey Institute of Technology.
All of the procurement center's services are offered free of charge. Since 1986, New Jersey small businesses have continue to receive over 2.6 Billion dollars in government prime and subcontract awards as a direct result of the assistance provided by the center.
To register for our services please go to http://njitptac.ecenterdirect.com sign-up and accept our Terms and Conditions.
What, Where, When and How the Government Makes its Purchases
The federal government buys $280 Billion dollars for goods and services annually.
All purchases under $150,000 (except those contracts under $3,000) are set-aside solely for Small Business.
The Centers Electronic Bid matching service matches your company's capabilities with current federal, state and local government opportunities, daily. The Procurement Center then sends these bid-matches to your email account.
Specific assistance and more is provided in the following areas:
- Market Research (Fedbizopps.gov)
- Identifying Product or Service Codes (PSC/FSC)
- Registering on all appropriate web sites (SAM)
- Matching a firm's product or service with what's purchased by the federal government
- Review of RFP's, RFQ's and solicitations
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARS, DFARS)
- Certification / Verification assistance