Complete registration instructions including dates, policies and procedures along with information regarding cross-registration with Rutgers-Newark, RBHS and Essex County College are available here on the Registrar's site.
Registering for Classes
Currently enrolled students are expected to register themselves using Highlander Pipeline, the NJIT web based student information system. Registrar Online provides real-time access to the NJIT Student Information System. NJIT students can register for courses, withdraw, review their grades and query the semester schedule of courses.
Quick Steps for Registration:
1. Log in to Highlander Pipeline at http://my.njit.edu.
2. Click on the “Student Services” tab.
3. On the left menu, click on “Banner Self-Service”
4. Click on “Student”, click “Registration” and then click “Look Up Classes”
5. Select the proper term/semester and click Submit
6. Select the subject area of the course for which you would like to search and click the “Course Search” button
7. All of the courses for that particular department will be displayed
8. Find the course that matches your placement and click “View Sections”
9. Open sections are designated by checkbox on the left side of the page, closed section display a “C”
10. Check the checkbox for the section that best fits your schedule
11. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Register” button
12. The next page will display your currently registered classes
13. To register for another class, click on the “Course Search” button and start with item #6 above.
Registration For Rutgers Courses
- Rutgers-Newark Courses
- Courses available at Rutgers Newark for substitution for NJIT upper division Open GUR requirement
The following information represents contact points for holds associated with registration, financial aid and bursar.
|HOLD TYPE||Contact this Office||Reason|
|AD||Academic Advisor||Advisor hold.|
|AL||Athletic Advisor||Athletics hold.|
|AR||Bursar Office||Bursar hold. Balance due.|
|AT||Office of the Registrar||Transcript hold. Transcripts cannot be issued until outstanding debts are paid.|
|WD||Academic Advisor||Withdrawal prevention.|
|DF||Advising Success Center||Orientation hold.|
|DW||Financial Aid Office||Dislocated Worker hold. Contact Financial Aid Office to submit documentation. Must register in person on the first day of classes.|
|AS||Dean of Student||Academic Suspension.|
|DS||Dean of Student||Dean of Student.|
|E||EOP||EOP Advisor hold.|
|IS||Office of Global Initiatives||International Student Registration hold.|
|PL||Financial Aid Office||Perkins Loan.|
|GS||Graduate Studies Office||Graduate Studies.|
|CA||College of ARCH and Design||Advisor hold.|
NJ Tuition Benefit for Unemployed Persons
Semester course schedules are available at 2 locations:
1. Course Schedule Builder
This option will assist you it choosing course sections and building your schedule of classes. As you choose your courses, a matrix representing the days and times the courses meet will be constructed. You can then e-mail a copy of this schedule to your NJIT student account.
Please note that you must still register for the courses via Highlander Pipeline and the schedule in this area is not real-time.
2. Current Semester Course Schedules
This option will allow you to view the NJIT schedule of courses. You can select a semester from the Schedules menu on the right and then view courses by selecting on the course subject. There is also a link to the catalog description for each course.
All registration is conducted via Highlander Pipeline, the NJIT web based Student Information System. Highlander Pipeline provides access to the following student services:
- Registration Add/Drop/Withdrawal
- View Your Transcripts
- View Your Bursar Account and Pay Your Bill
- View Your Financial Aid
- Change Your Address
For information regarding registration or the NJIT schedule of courses please see below or contact:
Monica O'Donnell, Associate Registrar
Office of the Registrar
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, New Jersey 07102-1982 USA