FIRST YEAR STUDENTS – APPLYING FOR ON CAMPUS HOUSING
Our goal for your first year is to provide you with an academically and socially supportive environment. While living on campus, you will make new friends, immerse yourself in the NJIT culture, establish valuable academic connections and identify unique leadership opportunities. Our residence halls are staffed with dedicated professional and student staff members that are here to support you as you transition to campus.
Please review and follow the steps and important dates outlined below. If you have questions, please contact our office at (973) 596-3039 or email email@example.com.
Create your UCID and password - http://ist.njit.edu/accounts/ucid.php.
Once your UCID and password are approved you can apply online for housing - https://mis3.njit.edu/housingapplication/login.aspx.
Please make sure to review and read the Terms and Conditions 2017-18.
Complete the necessary personal information on the application.
A limited number of single rooms will be available to first year students in the residence halls..
If you apply by May 1, 2017 you will be guaranteed housing on campus. After May 1, 2017 you will be placed on a wait list for housing. Students on the wait list are assigned to housing based on the distance to campus, date of application and student need.
You will know you were successful in submitting your online application if you receive an immediate confirmation letter. The confirmation letter will be sent to your NJIT email address.
In June we will begin sharing ways to connect with potential roommates.
First Year students will select their own rooms and roommates online. More information on how to do this will be emailed to your NJIT email account in mid June. Visit http://virtualhousing.njit.edu to view all of the rooms on campus.
2017-18 First Year Student Room Selection Timeline
JUNE 20, 2017 - JUNE 25, 2017
CHECK YOUR LOTTERY NUMBER (The date/time you will be able to select your room online.)
- Visit https://aevite.njit.edu/myhousing.
- Enter your UCID and password.
- Select “MyHousing,” Select “Login.”
- You will see “My Housing Overview.”
- Look at “My Future Room Selection Process” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see your priority number and the date and time YOU can select a room. The entire lottery time will be listed. Note: You can only select a room when your lottery time begins. You will have until July 1, 2017 at 11:00 p.m. to select a room online. After this date, Residence Life will assign you a room.
JUNE 20, 2017 - JULY 9, 2017
SELECTING ROOMMATE(S) AND/OR SUITEMATE(S)
- If you are selecting roommate(s)/suitemate(s) you may do so during this time frame. Go to the Residence Life Room Selection Website at www.njit.edu/reslife and select them by entering the students NJIT ID number, or their first and last names.
JULY 5, 2017 - JULY 9, 2017
OPEN ROOM SELECTION
- If you are participating in OPEN ROOM SELECTION, you may choose your room during your specified lottery date/time. You can view your lottery date/time by logging into the Residence Life Room Selection Website at www.njit.edu/reslife.
HONORS STUDENTS DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ONLINE ROOM SELECTION PROCESS. HONORS STUDENTS WILL BE PLACED IN THE HONORS HALL BASED ON THEIR DATE OF APPLICATION. PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO BE PLACED IN THE HONORS HALL WILL BE PLACED IN CYPRESS HALL. ROOM ASSIGNMENT INFORMATION WILL BE SENT VIA NJIT EMAIL BY JULY 1, 2017.