NJIT Framework for Quality Assurance in eLearning Courses
Background: NJIT’s Distance Learning Advisory Committee (DLA) and Teaching, Learning, and Technology Committee (TLT) are committed to helping faculty design and develop quality online course.
Why is Quality Assurance Needed?
The NJIT Framework for Quality Assurance in eLearning
- Conforms with a goal of NJIT Strategic Plan 2010 – 2015: “Strengthen assessment of student learning and developmental outcomes and institutional effectiveness"
- Reflects the Characteristics of Excellence in Higher Education for Distance or Distributed Learning (MSCHE March 2009): courses must “meet institution-wide standards for quality of instruction, articulated expectations of student learning, academic rigor, and educational effectiveness”
- Aids the institutional planning process for assessment of student learning required for compliance with MSCHE
- Informs the Institute eLearning Quality Assurance Report required by the Committee for Department and Program Assessment as part of the NJIT Program Review Process.
- Enhances NJIT’s national reputation and position as a leader in assessment of student learning outcomes
- Promotes student learning.
- The Quality Assurance Certification Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Distance Education Programs Guidelines published by the Middles States Commission on Higher Education.
Attend NJIT's Faculty Development Institutes and TLT Workshops. There will be a number of sessions offered to help faculty improve their online courses.
If you are interested in attending please send an e-mail to email@example.com