Winter Session FAQ

Winter Session Frequently Asked Questions

When can I register for a course?

You can register for a Winter Session course from October 20-December 22, 2015.

Are on-line courses offered?

Yes, online courses can be viewed via Highlander Pipeline.

Is attendance required?

Yes, attendance is mandatory unless otherwise noted by the faculty.

Are there a maximum number of credits I can take in the winter?

Yes.  You are allowed to register for one course regardless of credit.

Can financial aid be utilized during the Winter Session?

Yes, if you are eligible. Please submit the Winter Financial Aid Application to Student Financial Aid Services by December 11, 2015. The Winter Financial Aid Form is available at:

Is there a deferred payment option for Winter Session?

If  you choose to defer your winter session bill, it must be paid at the same time your spring 2015 payment is due. Failure to pay will result in the cancellation of your spring 2015 courses. For more information about billing please visit Bursar's website at or call (973) 596-3148.

Is there a specific course in which I must register?

Can I audit a course?

Student who wish to audit a course must state their intention to do so at the time of registration.  Change in auditing status is not permitted once a semester has begun.  Students who audit are required to pay full tuition and fees for the course.  Audited courses are not counted in determining full-time status.  Students on probation are not permitted to audit.  Please click here for information on tuition and fees.

What happens if I do not attend the class I registered for?

If you do not drop the course the course before the withdrawal date you will be charged 100% tuition and fees. Please click here for important dates.

Can I get a refund if I withdraw from a course?

Yes. Students will receive a 100% refund if the course is dropped by the withdrawal date, December 23, 2014. Please click here for important dates.

If I withdraw from a class will a "W" appear on my transcript?

If you withdraw from a class on or before the withdrawal date you will receive a “W”. Withdrawals after the withdrawal date deadline will receive a grade of "F".  For more information on the withdrawals dates please refer to the Registrar's Website at

May I change courses once a session begins?

Students are not permitted to change courses after Winter Session registration ends. Click here for policies and procedures.

Where can I get my reading list information/ syllabus for my class?

Students can obtain class information by logging on to Moodle, Highlander Pipeline or contacting assigned faculty.

How do I get my grades at the end of the session?

Final grades will be posted on the Highlander Pipeline.

Are the residence halls open?

Will food services be open?

The Campus Center will be closed from December 25, 2015 to January 2, 2016. Selected GDS eateries in the Campus Center will re-open with limited hours on Monday, January 4, 2016.  Within walking distance from Kupfrian Hall there is a Subway, Chinese Restaurant and an Intrinsic Cafe (Central Ave).

What courses are being offered?

Please click here for Winter Session courses.

Are there any special criteria for enrolling in any of the courses offered during Winter Session?

Yes. There are special criteria for various courses. Please click here for policies and procedures.

What happens to my GPA when I take a course for the second time?

If I have questions concerning Winter Session what office should I contact?

Please note that all offices on campus will resume normal hours 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Monday, January 4, 2016.

What office should I contact in the case of an Emergency during Winter Session?

Public Safety should be contacted in the case of an emergency at 973-596-3111. Please click here for additional information.

Is tutoring available during winter session?

Yes, limited tutoring will be available by appointment only beginning January 4, 2016.  You may fill out a request form for a tutor on TLC website located at  Please email the form to  You may also stop by the TLC office located at Kupfrian 200, to fill out a form.  Please note, plan your studying – it will take at least 24 hours for your appointment to be scheduled.  If you have any questions, please call 973-596-2992.