Winter Session FAQ
Winter Session Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I register for a course?
- Are online courses offered?
- Is attendance required?
- Is there a maximum number of credits I can take in the winter?
- Can financial aid be utilized during the Winter Session?
- Is there a deferred payment option for Winter Session?
- Is there a specific course in which I must register?
- Can I audit a course?
- What happens if I do not attend the class I registered for?
- Can I get a refund if I withdraw from a course?
- If I withdraw from a class will a "W" appear on my transcript?
- May I change courses once a session begins?
- Where can I get my reading list information/ syllabus for my class?
- How do I get my grades at the end of the session?
- Are the residence halls open?
- What courses are being offered?
- What happens to my GPA when a take a course for the second time?
- If I have questions concerning Winter Session what office should I contact?
- What office should I contact in the case of an emergency during Winter Session?
- Is tutoring available during winter session?
Yes. You are allowed to register for one course or up to 4 credits. Students interested in registering for 2 courses must speak with their advisor first. Students should ask their advisor to email the Registrar Office at email@example.com with student name, ID number, course names, and course approvals.
If you choose to defer your Winter Session bill, it must be paid at the same time your Spring 2017 payment is due. Failure to pay will result in the cancelation of your Spring 2017 courses. For more information about billing, please visit Bursar's website or call (973) 596-2877.
- First year students must contact their academic advisor.
- Upperclassmen should consult their academic advisors prior to registering for Winter Session courses.
Student who wish to audit a course must state their intention to do so at the time of registration. Change in auditing status is not permitted once a semester has begun. Auditing students are required to pay full tuition and fees for the course. Audited courses are not counted in determining full-time status. Students on probation are not permitted to audit. Please click here for information on tuition and fees. For a Winter Session Academic Calendar, click here.
If you withdraw from a class on or before the withdrawal date, you will receive a “W”. Withdrawals after the withdrawal date deadline will receive a grade of "F". For more information on the withdrawals dates, please refer to the Winter Session Academic Calendar.
- For current resident students, residence halls are open during Winter Session.
- If you are a commuter student and would like to reside on campus during Winter Session, please contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (973) 596-3039.
- When a student takes a course for the second time, the second grade will replace the first. (i.e. Hum 101)
- If a student has taken a course multiple times, please contact the Registrar Office.
If you are a current NJIT student interested in taking classes during the winter, please contact your academic advisor. If you are a non-matriculated/visiting student, please contact Dimana Neykova, Coordinator of Summer/Winter Enrollment & On-Campus Recruitment Events at the Office of University Admissions at email@example.com or (973) 596-5224. Please note that all offices on campus will resume normal hours 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
Public Safety should be contacted in the case of an emergency at 973-596-3111. Please click here for additional information.
Yes, limited tutoring will be available by appointment only beginning January 3, 2017. You may fill out a request form for a tutor on The Learning Center website at www.njit.edu/tlc. Please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also stop by the TLC office located at Kupfrian 200, to fill out a form. Please note, plan your studying – it will take at least 24 hours for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have any questions, please call 973-596-2992.