Special emergency telephones are connected directly to the university police dispatcher. They are located throughout the 45-acre campus in buildings and parking lots and at fraternity and sorority houses.
Use special no-dial telephones for direct access, or dial 596-3111 — ext. 3111 on campus telephones — to report a crime, suspicious activity or crime tips. The caller should provide:
- The location of the call.
- His or her identity.
- The type of assistance needed, such as police, an ambulance or a fire department.
- The nature of the incident.
In a medical emergency, do no more for the victim than your qualifications and experience allow. In the event of a fire, call for help and spread the alarm while evacuating.
In reporting a crime, be prepared to provide as much information as possible over the telephone including:
- A physical description of the suspect.
- The direction in which the suspect fled.
- A description of the suspect's vehicle, if known.
Do not disturb the crime scene under any circumstances.
For additional information about crime incidents and safety concerns, check the student and staff newspapers.