American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
The following award programs are administered by the ASEE:
- Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship
- Aeronautics Scholarship Program (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- Research Enterprise Internship Program (Office of Naval Research)
- Graduate Research Fellowship (National Science Foundation)
- East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes Internship Program (National Science Foundation)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program (Naval Research Laboratory)
- Summer Faculty Fellowship Program (Air Force)
- Summer Faculty Research and Sabbatical Leave Programs (Office of Naval Research )
National Science Foundation (NSF)
The National Science Foundation offers numerous funding opportunities. For more information visit http://www.nsf.gov/
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grants in the Directorate for Biological Sciences (DDIG)
Synopsis of Program:
The National Science Foundation awards Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grants in selected areas of the biological sciences. Proposals must fall within the scope of any of the clusters in the Division of Environmental Biology (DEB) or the Behavioral Systems Cluster in the Division of Integrative Organismal Systems (IOS). These grants provide partial support of doctoral dissertation research for improvement beyond the already existing project. Allowed are costs for doctoral candidates to participate in scientific meetings, to conduct research in specialized facilities or field settings, and to expand an existing body of dissertation research.
National Institute of Health (NIH)
There is extensive funding for graduate research available from the National Institute of Health.
- e.g. Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA)
For more information visit http://grants.nih.gov/grants/oer.htm
AAUW American Fellowship
- Support for women doctoral candidates completing dissertations and scholars seeking funds for postdoctoral research leave or for preparing completed research for publication
- Eligibility: women, U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- One-year postdoctoral research leave fellowships, dissertation fellowships, and summer/short-term research publication grants are offered.
- More Info:
Fellowships, Grants, and Awardshttp://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/educational-funding-and-awards